Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Keenly monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Key Result Areas:
- Configuration and installation of network and internet security.
- Configuration and installation of all network software packages used by the Authority.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
- Support staff through advice on potential uses of existing technology.
The IT Database Administrator will be responsible for planning, development, maintenance, performance, integrity and security of the organization’s business databases.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the IT Database Administrator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science; in computer software/computer systems engineering; electronics; or information technology.
- Professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Oracle Certified Developer (OCD), MCDBA, or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Three or more years experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in a financial imstitution is highly desirable. Experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on is also required.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Windows Server, Unix/Linux; Database platforms such as MS SQL server and Oracle RDBMS; and Data Warehousing methodologies. Precise i3 or similar SQL Diagnostic Monitoring system for reporting is required.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/ restore using disk-based backup solutions
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design;
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and able to keep accurate records and ensure proper follow up ;
- Good communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- The skill to work to tight deadlines under pressure;
- .Works well independently and as part of a team;
- Time management skills;
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology;
- Good decision making skills;
- Can take initiative;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Person of high integrity;
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send the following documents;
- A cover letter addressed to The Human Resources Manager, Bayport Financial Services.
- An updated CV
- Copies of academic documents and certifications
- Copies of previous work contracts/offer letters
to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job title as the subject.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.