Salary Scale: CU 5
Reports to: Head of Department, Public Administration & Governance
Division: Academic Affairs
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To teach at Post graduate and undergraduate level in areas allocated by the Dean of Faculty/Head of Department
- To carry out research, teaching, mentoring, supervision and administration within the Department of Public Administration and Governance
- To engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
- To assist in the development of learning materials and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance
- To supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate, taught graduate (Masters) students
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments
- To provide pastoral care and support to students
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programs of study and other activities as requested
- To contribute to departmental, faculty and wide working groups or committees as requested
- To maintain own continuing professional development
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Public Administration and Management/ Political Science/Governance/Public Organizations or Public Policy form a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Masters degree in political science/Public Administration/Public Management/Local Governance/Public Organizations or Public Policy from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or degree in Social Sciences with Political Science/Public Administration as one of the subjects from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Must have taught at University level at the rank of Lecturer for at least three (3) years.
- Must have published at least two (2) new scholarly articles in internationally recognized journals in their area of academic expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Mature, demonstrates Christian commitment and a high level of integrity.
- Strong preference will be given to candidate with proven ability or experience in teaching courses like Master of Public Administration and Management and Master of Research and Public Policy.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership)
- Two (2) copies of certified academic and professional certificates and transcripts
- Please Note: Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono
Deadline: Friday, 24th May 2019, 5:00pm.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted