About Hope Worldwide International-Uganda:
Hope Worldwide International Uganda is a registered non-profit making organization limited by guarantee under s.371 (1) of the companies act, and also as a non-governmental organization under the NGO registration statute 1989, with registration No: 2159. It was established for charitable, benevolent and developmental purposes founded on Christian principle. Our focus is to Create hope and an enabling environment for children and women to attain their full life potential through improved Agricultural services, Education and life skills development, Integrated Health, Legal and Human rights advocacy, water /environmental protection, Community Resilience, Livelihoods and Climate Change.
A Uganda, in which all girls and boys are protected, cared for, participating and realizing their full potential, in their families and communities.
Creation of hope and an enabling environment for children and women to attain their full life potential.
Our Mission statement:
A leading charitable organization that empowers children and communities to alleviate from illiteracy, disease, and poverty through community interventions.
Under the Direct Supervision of the Secretary-General, The Internal Auditor will support the Internal Audit function in ensuring an independent systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of policies, procedures, and standards designed to add value and improve operations.
• To perform a risk-based audit for each audit engagement including documenting the scope letter, performing a risk assessment, audit program, fieldwork, and report.
• To execute all work assigned in line with approved Internal Audit methodology and within the time allocated per assignment.
• Identify and evaluate significant risk exposures in the control processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
• Ability to identify audit areas where Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATS) can be utilized.
• Adequately document all the work performed in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control systems in the Organization.
• To adhere to the timelines as stipulated in the methodology in terms of completion, reporting and submission of quality audit work (QAR).
• To adhere to appropriate audit processes and methodology in place and continuously be improved.
• Support the on-going development, training and personal growth of the team.
• Keep abreast of relevant changes and trends related to Internal Auditing.
• Ensure that all client queries are dealt with proactively, accurately and within agreed timeframes.
• To document, discuss and clear audit findings in conjunction with the manager.
• Communicate results in writing including, objectives, scope, applicable conclusions, recommendations, and action plans.
• To supervise and mentor assistants on specific audits.
• To assist in the preparation of reporting packs for senior management.
• To assist/execute adhoc assignments when the need arises.
• To perform and develop a risk-based audit approach for each audit engagement.
• Any other assignment as delegated/assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should hold a first degree preferably in B.Com (Accounting/BBA (Accounting)/ Business Management/ /Finance/Economics/Statistics.
• Level II professional qualifications of ACCA, PEACE AND CHILD PROTECTIONA or CIA.CISA/CFE professional qualifications & Certificate in risk-based auditing will be an added advantage.
• Hold a valid membership with a professional body.
• At least three years of external or internal audit experience in a reputable organization.
• Working knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods.
• Working knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing systems
• Good interviewing skills
• Good investigative skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good Interpersonal skills – tactful in dealing with people
• Good analytical skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Evidence of a non-judgmental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
• Female Candidates are preferably encouraged to apply for this position.
How to apply:
You may download the Job Application Form from the organization website: www.hopeworldwideuganda.org. Visit Resources, in it you will be redirected to Jobs where you can access our Application Form, fill it and attach your personal testimonials as one PDF Document and send back to us using the email firstname.lastname@example.org. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Deadline: 28th February 2020. At mid night hours.