Deadline of this Job:January 24, 2019 at 05:00pm.
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi -autonomous body established by an Act 01 Parliament (1995) to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the national statistical system The Bureau's more mandate includes amongst others, the production. coordination and dissemination of official statistics to support development processes at local and national levels, including policy, planning, decision making, monitoring and evaluation. The Bureau is seeking to recruit exceptional and dynamic qualified Ugandan professionals with high integrity and proven leadership skills who are self-motivated and results oriented to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE:SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (1)
Job Ref: UBOS/SHRD /2018/12
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Salary Scale: UBOSP2
Reporting to: Principal Human Resource Officer
The Senior Human Resource Officer will be responsible for preparing and coordinating the implementation of the Bureau staff development initiatives and performance management systems and programmes. The incumbent is expected to demonstrated and embody the institutional values, vision and mission to create value for all Bureau stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities:
and conducting annual (mining and development needs assessment within
the Bureau through staff appraisals to inform the development of Annual
- Guiding staff in preparation of their individual personal development and career plans.
- identifying competent training providers and venues, negotiating terms and maintaining a contacts database
the annual staff performance appraisal exercise in line with the
Performance Management policy‘ and preparing me annual staff performance
- Preparing and regularly updating the Staff Induction Manual and programmes in line with Human Resource Manual
- Preparing me annual training plans and budgets in line with and Human Resource Development Strategy.
- Training and coaching line managers and supervisors in human resource management functions a their respective levels
- Performing staff counseling and guidance functions so as to maintain a motivated and engaged work force.
- Undertaking any other Human resource management and development duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time
degree in social work & social Administration (SWSA) Human Resource
Management, Organization Psychology, Social Sciences‘ or other Human
Resource Management related ﬁelds.
- Post Graduate qualiﬁcations in Human Resource Management.
- Membership to the Chartered institute of Personal & Development the Human Resource Managers Assocrahon of Uganda (HRMAU) or other Human Resource professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years working experience as Human Resource Ofﬁcer. handling the staff training and development function
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing staff performance management systems inducing the balanced scored card
- Practical experience in using computerized Human Resource Management packages is an added advantage
Other Desirable Competencies and skills
- Skills in staff counseling and guidance.
- Proﬁciency in Ms Office packages is essential
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- innovativeness and ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Proven high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Possession of good administrative and negotiation skills
- Track record of training and mentoring
Job application procedure
Applications with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with an up-to - date Curriculum vitae together with copies of academic certificates and full postal/e-mail address and telephone numbers 2 indicating the names and contact addresses of three referees Applications should be addressed to: The Deputy Executive Director - Corporate Services Uganda Bureau of Statistics Plot 9, Colville Street P.0. Box 7186, Kampala - UGANDA Applicants may apply for any of the above positions through the online application system available on the UBOS website www.ubos.org not later than January 24, 2019 at 05:00pm. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted All tendered in documents will be veriﬁed with the relevant authorities . Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.