Deadline of this Job: 19th June 2019
Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG) through the support from its various development partners intends to recruit additional staff to fill the position of Senior Finance Officer -Compliance
REPORTING TO: Executive Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Finance officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope
• Ensure that there is an effective system of internal controls in place in order to prevent and detect fraud, misappropriation and misapplications
• Recommend improvement for effective internal control mechanisms to
ensure adherence to the Finance Manual,
• Carry out periodic risk assessment and test whether the controls in place respond to the risks identified.
• Ensure effective internal controls are in place for the preventive measures and quality actions are taken on the recommendations after verification exercises
• Oversight on expenditures to ensure that they are in accordance with the approved budget and work plan and in full compliance with the donor grants and Finance Manual
• Take initiative to identify weaknesses, challenges, legitimate solutions to simplify the process, design financial control tools, provide feedback, share best practice in accounting, financial management/reporting through on going capacity building exercises to the CSBAG staff
• Facilitate and coordinate with annual external audit and follow-up on audit recommendations.
• Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations and reviews of accounting entries are performed
• investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues and report back to management on current risk and compliance performance
SCOPE OF IMPACT Senior Finance officer in Charge of Compliance works with the organization to advise Management of any potential risks that may affect the reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence of the organization. She/he is expected to provide a better assessment of the risk management policies and protocols in order to come up with policies and recommendations to avoid threats, reduce or transfer risks and/or mitigate the effects of those which are essentially unavoidable.
To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional familiar with risk management and NGO’s industry standards. Your goal will be to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our organizational objectives
You must a detailed oriented individual and with a strong understanding of finance industry policies and regulation
• An Advanced University degree in the area of finance, audit, accounting or
any related field is preferred;
• A bachelor’s degree in the area of finance, audit, accounting or any related field in combination with additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Financial and compliance auditing (2 years)
• Financial Management (2 years)
• Financial Reporting (2 years)
• Development of Finance Tools (2 years)
• Facilitation in capacity-building workshops (1years) Project Managementt
• A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in financial compliance, audit, internal audit, accounting, and risk management
• Experience with audits of programmes or the projects funded by international donors and institution is required.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are preferable.
• Good knowledge of donor organizations
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should prepare a) A implication letter; b) A CV only; please do not attach
copies of certificates at this stage.
Submissions should be delivered by email to email@example.com with subject line Senior Finance officer-
Compliance, or The Budget Policy Specialist by 500pm on 19th June, 2019. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
CSBAG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY