Reports to Chief Accountant
· Reviews invoices presented for payment to ensure that they are accurate, complete and conform to STIL policy; and checks for authorization signature before processing them for payment.
· Creates and implements changes to work methods, or procedures to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency of the accounts payable system.
· Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and payment.
· Recommends modifications to existing system and implements modifications through coordination with the Head Accounts.
· Ensures accurate entry of transactions to accounting system (SAP).
· Prepare and records all supplier/ vendor cheques, and prepare cheques for mailing or collection.
· Maintain updated vendor files and documentation with the help of accounts Clerk.
· Resolve bill discrepancies; correspond along with suppliers and react to inquiries from suppliers/ vendors.
· Monitor accounts to ensure payments are on time.
· Performing month end closing process and reconciliation of the ledgers to ensure that the account payable balances reflect accurate balances.
· Maintain excellent working relationship with vendors.
· Work hand in hand with purchasing officer in developing processes and efficiencies in settlement of obligations.
· Regular reporting to the finance manager and the Head of Accounts in STIL.
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- To understand, Implement and maintain all ISO systems in the company.
- Perform any other duties as they may be assigned
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than 26th April 2019 at 5:00 pm addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Deals House Jinja Rd, Nakawa
P O Box 33784 KAMPALA
Or by Email
e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job title as the subject.
*Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.