Reports to: Finance ManagerJob PurposeTo support sound business decision-making through the collection, analysis, investigation, management and accurate reporting of financial information within agreed deadlines. The role is also responsible for compliance with statutory obligations of the hospital.
- Facilitate budgeting and forecasting processes with relevant departments (P&L, BS and Cash flow).
- Analyse and collate information to produce financial reports, e.g. income statements, balance sheets, cash flows and supporting schedules, compares actuals against budget, analyses and identifies trends.
- Contribute to the preparation of Board papers on financial status of the hospital.
- Ensure accurate billing/ invoicing of patients, direct corporate clients and insurance companies.
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of all accounting record.
- Adhere to approved accounting procedures/processes and internal controls that allow management to have confidence in the integrity of the financial reporting of the hospital and monitor the execution thereof.
- Reviews monthly changes to the payroll input to ensure consistency, accuracy and adherence to the hospital's policies for the payroll run (statutory deductions, advances, changes in staff compliment etc.)
- Supervises the process of debt collections to ensure that the hospital makes timely recoveries that have an impact on working capital.
- Provides oversight for management the payables as per contractual terms with vendors/ suppliers.
- Take full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
- Coordinate internal and external audits' attend to unresolved issues raised from audits.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and validity in preparing statutory and management accounts.
- Graduate in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA or CPA) and at-least five years’ experience Other Good computer literacy with excellent use of Office-Excel, Word, Power point and experience in use of accounting software and ERP. Excellent report writing skills, Strong team leader with good communication, negotiation, influencing, interpersonal skills, and ability to motivate, supervise and develop others. Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills. Proactive self-starter with strong organisational and time management skills. Ability to operate at strategic level in addition to delivering at an operational level.