Freedom Radio is a Kabale based FM Radio station broadcasting on 94.7FM. Freedom Radio is a main channel of communication to an estimated audience of 15 million people living in the districts of western and Central Uganda including Kabale, Kisoro, Rukungiri, Ntungamo, Kanungu, Mbarara, Bushenyi, Mitooma, Sheema, Rubirizi, Buhweju, Insingiro, Kiruhura, Kamwenge, Ibanda, Kasese, Kabarole, Lyatonde, Kyejonjo, Rakai, Lwengo and Masaka. Freedom Radio also covers Karagwe and other parts of Tanzania, Eastern DRC and as far as Kigali and other parts of Rwanda. FREEDOM RADIO is looking for a competent individual to fill the available vacancies of SALES EXECUTIVES.
Radio Sales Executives or Account Managers are responsible
for generating the income for Radio Station from advertising sales and
sponsorship. The Job involves selling the benefits to agencies and clients of
Radio as an advertising medium. The role is target-driven, with the main aim
being to achieve agreed revenue targets on a regular basis. Sales Executives
are expected to work closely with colleagues involved in marketing,
sponsorship, promotions, events, publicity and programming. They ensure that
station output supports revenue generation and that clients receive a
consistently high quality of service. Some of the work is office-based, but
Sales Executives must also spend time out of the office meeting with clients
and prospects, making presentations, and attending events to network with
clients or pursue prospects.
The main duties of a Radio Sales Executive include:
a) Establishing and developing long-term business relationships;
b) Sourcing, identifying and securing new business opportunities;
c) Generating creative solutions for clients;
d) Presenting campaign proposals;
e) Making sales;
f) Delivering accurate reports and forecasts of revenue.
To do this role, Sales Executives need to:
- Have experience of at least 5 years in Radio sales
- Have excellent sales skills and the drive to sell
- Have strong business skills and the ability to make accurate revenue forecasts
- Have the confidence and determination to pursue leads, overcome obstacles and secure deals
- Be able to handle rejection
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Have excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy
- Be familiar with the potential of digital communication channels for advertising and marketing campaigns
- Be able to think creatively and generate original ideas
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio sales
- Understand when it is necessary, and how to acquire, the relevant clearances and licences, including copyright and music clearances
- Understand the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
- Have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling
- Have knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics
- A bachelors degree in Marketing from recognized Institution.
Applications with copies of academic documents, CV, remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, not later than December 4, 2017.