Insurance Company of East Africa (ICEA) was established in 1964 by Eagle Star Insurance Company and Welfare Insurance Company from the UK, as well as the New Zealand Insurance Company. In 1976, the company’s foreign shareholders sold their interests to a group of pioneering local investors, making ICEA the first major locally owned insurance company. They soon emerged as one of the largest insurers in the region and also established a fund management subsidiary (ICEA LION Asset Management Limited Kenya and ICEA Asset Management Limited Uganda), as well as a trusteeship/scheme Administration (ICEA Trustee Services Limited in Kenya). In 1999, ICEA Uganda was incorporated 0n the 5th of August, licensed to provide both short term (General) and long term (life and pensions) insurance businesses on 10th May 2000. In 2014, ICEA Uganda devolved into 3 specialized businesses to not only allow each enterprise to focus on its core competence, but more importantly to ensure we can serve the market, with its dynamic and divergent needs even better. The 3 companies that form ICEA Group in Uganda include ICEA General Insurance, ICEA Life Assurance and ICEA Asset Management.
The Sales Executive at ICEA Life Assurance will prospect, sell both group and individual life businesses as per the given targets, provide client servicing to the clients, represent the company correctly in the field, do intelligence collection and proper record keeping.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ICEA life assurance Co. ltd Sales Executive job must have a minimum qualification of a diploma in any field, candidates with a marketing background or have COP qualification would be at an added advantage
- Possess strong leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the global insurance landscape and place a priority on client service
- Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital.
- Show commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape (preferred, but not required)
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Age: 25 – 45 years
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further enquiries please contact: +0700539513 / 0776340170.
Deadline: 27th February 2018