Position: Roving Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Roving, Upper Nile State, South Sudan
Duration: 12 months
Relief International is a humanitarian agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development interventions throughout the world. RI’s programs link immediate emergency assistance with long-term economic and livelihood development through innovative programming at the grassroots level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that RI minimum standards of logistics procedures are introduced and adhered
- Develop the procedures and policies for the management of the supply chain, vehicle fleets, communication systems and emergency preparedness.
- Deliver the programme supply chain by setting up of effective order management systems
- Oversee RI warehouse and commodity management in the field offices.
- Manage and coordinate the General Food Distribution (GFD) along with the project coordinator. Prepare the receipt and distribution reports of the food items.
- Ensure local and national level procurement practices are compliant with RI and donor regulations.
- Manage the operations budget, ensure all field offices are well maintained, equipped and maintained with adequate supplies and support. Manage up gradation and improvement of all bases in each location that covers under this position.
- Ensure national transportation of freight by land is in line with programme budgets
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets and ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles, motor bikes and boats throughout the programme and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented.
- Monitor projects stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
- Manage the programme communication systems ensuring that all programme locations have appropriate and reliable means of communication.
- Maintain a asset register; ensuring that all programme assets are logged
- Ensure smooth execution of distribution process.
- Report progress on weekly basis to Head of office and Operations Manager.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports are prepared and shared with Operations Manager on timely basis.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in relevant field with extensive experience in Logistics and procurement.
- A Minimum 5 years of logistics, procurement, supply chain experience gained in developing countries, South Sudan experience an added advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, diplomacy and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
- Strong supervision and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations
- High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English required; Arabic an asset.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
We value our people, offer holistic staff care and rewarding career, along with Inclusive workplace where Transparency and Accountability, Agility and Innovation, Collaboration and Sustainability are highly valued .
For consideration please submit all of the following: a detailed CV, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of 3 previous supervisors (including email address, where you worked with the person, current employer, and telephone number), before March 1, 2019.
Due to the critical nature of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants will be interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this is posted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested Applicants are requested to click on the link below to fill in their application: //chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4&rid=1314