GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the norms underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: we deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them. This approach builds on two converging trends: the rapid spread of electronic last-mile payments solutions in emerging markets, and the large body of experimental evidence showing that direct transfers are as or more cost-effective at reducing poverty than traditional, top-down approaches. GiveDirectly’s field operations utilize state-of-the-art technologies and business processes to deliver unconditional cash transfers securely, efficiently, and transparently. Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose where they invest – has prompted debate in the popular press and among policy makers.
Job Summary: The Uganda Rolling Internal Audit Field Officer will be expected to audit the work of the enrolment team, whose core responsibility is surveying households and enrolling them on our programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Engaging with GiveDirectly recipients in the field, in order to:
- Assess our field processes and recommend any corrections and improvements as and where seen.
- Measure the quality of FO data against set data quality standards and reporting any cases of inconsistency.
- Assess our field team’s compliance with GD field processes and policies.
- Identify and report key risks associated with GD’s program in the community.
- Report any cases of fraud and bribery by GD staff and or recipient(s).
- Examine local stakeholder’s assessment of GD’s program within their community.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The Field Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. For that reason, the suitable candidate for this position will:
- Possess a degree in a relevant field.
- At least two years of working experience in the field with preference to disadvantaged communities (2 years minimum).
- Demonstrated ability to audit recipient surveys and associated processes.
- Must possess work/language proficiency in English and Ateso.
- Good computer and mobile device data entry and assessment ability or experience.
- Possess critical thinking ability and good judgment in resolving operational glitches.
- Possess high-quality problem solving, work ethic.
- Good time-management skills
- Particularly skilled with interpersonal skills with high honesty, and integrity.
- Strong interest in the mission of GiveDirectly and commitment to advancing GD’s distinctive values.
- Physical fitness and ability to cope with difficult weather conditions or terrain.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
- Proven ability to exercise patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience and qualifications fit the specifications of this role: Please submit a CV through the link below [NOTE: does not request for any form of payment from its job applicants, please be aware of fraudsters and notify us if requested for money] Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Click Here: https://givedirectly.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01a45?source=Ugandanjobline
Note: Only Two-Paged CVs will be considered.