Why Join IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work. For almost 40 years in over 100 countries,
IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Role
The Regional Procurement Manager I works closely with headquarters and regional Contracts and Grants Managers and project-based Procurement Officers to support an assigned regional portfolio. S/he works closely with colleagues in US-based divisions and country offices to establish, develop, strengthen, and monitor procurement compliance practices and procedures in support of international field operations. The Procurement Manager I will report directly to the Regional Contracts and Grants Manager for East Africa.
- Participate in Award Kickoff Meetings, orienting project staff to procurement compliance requirements.
- Review procurement plans with project-based procurement and technical staff during award kickoff, regular meetings, and during annual work planning.
- Review procurement packages prepared by project-based procurement staff to ensure compliance with IntraHealth policies and procedures and funder-specific requirements
- Draft and negotiate service contracts, consultant agreements, leases, and purchase orders over $10,000, ensuring the inclusion of applicable funder requirements identified by the Contracts and Grants Manager.
- Coordinate the execution of outgoing procurement instruments over $10,000 in accordance with the Procurement Policy and Procedures and the Delegation of Authority/Signature Authorization for Agreements
- Maintain and update procurement data in a timely manner in business systems and tracking tools (e.g. SharePoint Request System, Amber Road, etc.).
- Provide backfill support to CGP Procurement and Contracts and Grants Managers during surges and scheduled leave.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of procurement-related funder rules and regulations (including but not limited to the Uniform Guidance/2 CFR 200/45 CFR Part 75, USAID Mandatory Standard Provisions, FAR, AIDAR) and advise and provide training to implementation teams on best practices, compliance and risk management and mitigation strategies and tools.
- Provide support, advice, mentoring, training and coaching to US and project-based staff in all aspects of procurement and supply chain management, and CGP policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of procurement and supply chain business processes, systems, policies and procedures.
- Participate in internal control reviews, sampling procurements under $10,000 for compliance with IntraHealth policy and funder rules and regulations.
- In concert with CGP colleagues, facilitate the development and execution of training on procurement policies and funder compliance for headquarters program and country-based staff.
- Cultivate, establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal clients globally.
- Present, communicate, and provide oral and written guidance on procurement topics globally.
- Travel to country field offices and funder offices as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Contracts Management, Finance, Business, Law, or relevant degree and 6+ years of experience working in contract/grant management or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with donors such as U.S. Government (i.e. USAID, CDC), foundation, and private donors required.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting funder procurement requirements and understanding compliance concepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal procurement requirements, and evidence of experience in the design, development or enhancement of compliant policies, procedures, and training documents.
- Demonstrated experience working in teams/groups, presenting training material, and/or providing coaching and mentoring.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in teams (domestic and international).
- Proven ability to work with all levels of office staff, internal clients, and with different personalities..
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Working Conditions/Other Requirements/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically/ internationally up to 25%
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- Innovation-Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations, and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Client Relationship Management - Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy current client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, Build and manage new relationships and collaborative alliances.
- Strategic Thinking - Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and application of business concepts, tools, and processes that are required for making sound decisions in the context of IntraHealth’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; including supporting, identifying, assessing, and/or securing new business for the organization.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world. IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Use the following link to apply: https://bit.ly/2L59Z3o