STIR Education is an International NGO currently working in Uganda and India, creating a movement of Teacher Changemakers and driving improvements in children’s learning. STIR see’s teachers as the solution; and is building a teacher-led movement to improve children’s learning from within the system itself; by creating local collaborative networks of teachers who develop professional practices and skills to improve learning. STIR is currently focused on India and Uganda where in just three years, it has reached over 14,000 teachers, who are impacting learning for 450,000 children.
Job Summary: The Regional Manager will be responsible for leading a high quality team of District Leads; ensuring that the programme is effectively delivered in in conjunction with the system at both primary and secondary levels; and ensuring a collaborative culture of excellence is built within across teams in the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and develop your team of District Leads.
- Deeply understand STIR’s values, vision and priorities for Uganda and create a culture of excellence and team environment in line with the STIR values.
- Provide high quality support to enable District Leads to make good decisions about how to run the programme effectively in their Districts.
- Provide consistent and focused line management focused on achieving our shared purpose of increased teacher intrinsic motivation and children’s learning.
- Coach and develop your team of district leads to optimize performance and culture.
- Ensure that the STIR programme is planned and delivered effectively, on time and in budget across your Districts.
- Support teams to build excellent project plans that are fully aligned with the STIR’s and the government priorities and ensure they are enacted.
- Set-up and use tools to monitor progress, and use these to inform discussions with the team.
- Lead a strong focus on maintaining the STIR spirit and very high quality in all elements of the programme.
- Write clear and succinct reports to communicate to all relevant stakeholders effectively.
- Support your teams in building senior level MOES, District, PTCs, UNATU and ASSHU and other NGO relationships.
- Provide a clear view of the ‘big picture’ of the STIR-Government-Union partnership and how it will support the District to achieve their, and the country’s, overall goals for education.
- Support teams when relationships are difficult or where we are struggling to gain traction and act as a back up to District Leads when they are unable to attend crucial meetings.
- Act as a broker between senior level officials to share learning and influence behaviour.
- Work closely with the M&E, design, people and admin and finance teams to ensure that all elements of STIR’s organizational needs are taken into account in the running of the programme in your region.
- Ensure that learning from your region is used by your District Leads to adapt implementation in their Districts and that learning is shared across the organisation.
- Provide strong ownership and take responsibility for effective financial planning and management for yourself, your team and STIR Uganda.
- Provide strong feedback and input into the design of the programme.
- Play a leading role in the development of an overall culture at STIR that is in line with our organisational values.
- Model professionalism and integrity at all times.
- Ensure STIR’s resources are used as effectively and efficiently as possible managing and checking funds. and accountabilities to ensure all are accurate and value for money.
- Make sure that all relationships you build are in the STIR spirit and in line with our values.
- Model ‘Growth Mindset’ at all times-show that improvement is always possible.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Regional Manager position is based in Muyenga, Kampala. There will be significant in-country travel required.
- Strategic thinker who plans ahead and sees the bigger picture.
- Strong identification with STIR values.
- Able to build strong relationships and connections with people of all levels of seniority.
- Ability to communicate very effectively in written and spoken English.
- Ability to create a culture of high expectations and learning.
- Excellent data analyst and data-based decision maker.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates should endeavor to send their updated CVs and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
Plot 8 Kitante Close
P.O. Box 12405
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 19th January 2019