Crane School Namanve, a private Day and
Boarding Day Care Center, Kindergarten and Primary School, seeks to recruit a
highly motivated, inspirational, and experienced professional as its Rector, to
manage school operations and provide strong leadership to the academic and
nonacademic staff. The ideal candidate will be an individual of unquestionable
moral character, a charismatic and self-motivated leader, with demonstrated
experience of high performance in similar positions.
Duties of the Rector
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Rector will:
- Manage and oversee academic and administrative school operations in cooperation and consultation with the board, ensuring effective planning and adherence to set targets.
- Ensure adherence to and achievement of the highest academic standards.
- Drive innovation and creativity in academic operations to ensure that classroom instruction meets the demands of a fast-changing world.
- Manage the school’s human resources, including making recommendations to the board for recruitment, monitor and evaluate staff performance, and develop a staff retention scheme.
- Be the school’s main public spokesperson, managing its relationships with vital publics such as pupils, parents, the community, regulatory institutions and the wider public.
Qualifications of the Rector
- Five years working experience, three of which in a leadership position at a school.
- Bachelors degree in related field or diploma with relevant work experience.
- Problem-solving with a combination of confidence and humility
- Exceptional self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to treat staff, pupils and parents with respect
The successful candidate will be competitively remunerated in line with the school’s compensation scheme. Interested candidates should physically submit their cover letters, supporting documents with three professional referees to the school, found on Crane Road, Namanve, opposite the National Forestry Authority Tree Seed Centre, or submit online before January 20, 2019.