JOB TITLE : RECOVERY OFFICER
COMPANY : ELEGLANCE FINANCE LIMITED
LOCATION : ENTEBBE
Eleglance Finance is a privately owned microfinance institution dedicated in delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored towards financial needs of a growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 4 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
The Debt Recovery officer will be responsible for championing the institution’s debt recovery program/activities in liaison with all Branch Credit Team as well as the external debt recovery agents. He / She is responsible for meeting targets set for cash collection from debtors and giving support to management of the debt portfolio.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop Institutional plan for recovery of all non-performing and written off loans.
4. Advises and guides Management and Branches on debt collection plan/activities to be carried out for daily recovery non-performing loans.
5. Prepares cases for handover to external debt collectors and legal action.
6. Coordinates and follows up with assigned court bailiffs auctioneers and other debt recovery agents and advises management on all allocated loans.
7. Ensures strict adherence to the delinquency policy across all AGM branches.
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce or any business-related course from a reputable university.
· Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection
· Additional Knowledge in banking or credit is an added advantage.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· At least 1 year experience in the credit / banking operations, with exposure to credit or lending and debt collection functions.
· Must be able and willing to ride a motorcycle and should possess a valid riding permit or willing to learn within the first month when appointed.
· Should be fluent in the commonly used local languages and ready to work in any of our branches.
· Should not be more than 30 years
· Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
· Knowledge of Microsoft excel for data entry and analysis is essential and mandatory.
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
· Self-driven and result - oriented
· Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
· Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Basic computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
· Maturity, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
· Patience and understanding
· To be persuasive, persistent and firm
How to apply:
All suitably, qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their Application letters, Curriculum Vitae and academic documents include 3 work related references (saved in one document) in either word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July 2019
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that the recruitment for this position is on going.