Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC) is a public corporation established by the UPPC Act 1992 Cap.30 as a leading printer mandated to provide printing and publishing facilities to government ministries, departments, and agencies, NGOs, private sector organizations and individuals. The Corporation prints and publishes all government legislations, the Uganda Gazette, stationery and other books and documents for public and private sector organisations.
In order to effectively fulfil its mandate and achieve its strategic goals, UPPC invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill the following position:
REPORTS TO: HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER JOB/SALARY SCALE: UPPC - 06
NO OF POSITIONS: 1 (ONE)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: RECORDS AND REGISTRY ASSISTANT
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, support and maintain UPPC records policy and system.
2. Open, allocate reference numbers and maintain an updated register of the files inventory.
3. Identifying, collecting and storing information and publications for easy access by authorise decision makers;
4. Maintain custody of both current & non-current soft and hard records of UPPC.
5. Organize the Registry and safeguard records as per corporation Rules and Regulations.
6. Sort, register and file records/dispatch outgoing correspondences/documents as required
7. Retrieve documents/files, issue and track movement of documents
8. Carry out file weeding and archiving.
9. Prepare registry budgets and plans for resourcing
10. Support the development and maintenance of registries in the various departments.
11. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. An honours degree in Librarianship and Information Science obtained from a recognized institution;
2. A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline is an added advantage.
3. A minimum of 4 years’ experience in records and information management gained in a reputable organization.
1. Records and Information Management;
2. Proficiency in ICT/ Computer applications;
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
4. Concern for quality and standards;
5. Team Work; and
6. Time Management
Interested persons who meet the required specifications are invited to apply to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC),
P.0. Box 33 Entebbe, Uganda.
the envelope with
the job applied
for in CAPITAL
LETTERS. Enclose a CV, CERTIFIED copies
of academic transcripts and certificates, Postal, Telephone and Email address
for both applicant and three professional referees to reach not later than
Friday 31st May 2019 by
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.