Job Title: Receptionist/ Administrator
Organisation: FIG Consult Limited (International School)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FIG Consult Limited is recruiting for a new re-known International School.
Job Summary: The Receptionist / Administrator will primarilt manage all reception duties, welcome visitors and clients, telephone, clerical, typing, input information on computerised systems, other routine services, within the administration department of the school and to monitor absences on a daily basis in a timely fashion. The applicant should be friendly with a smiling face and a capable of delivering a helping hand always.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out reception duties
· Serving as the first point of contact for visitors and parents.
· The jobholder will answer all incoming telephone calls, responding to requests for information
· The Receptionist / Administrator will be rasked with managing telephone calls
· Retain confidentiality regarding information concerning individual pupils, colleagues and the school as a whole, where appropriate and as required.
· Tasked with welcoming on-site guests, determine nature of business, and announces guest to appropriate personnel.
· Carry out routine administrative tasks such as upkeep of generic forms, and various other standard letters which may be sent home to parents.
· Capture information on computerised systems about pupil records, staff upkeep and all other school databases, including attendance and including web-generated enquiries.
· The Receptionist / Administrator will also keenly monitor absences and maintain absence records on a daily basis, contacting parents/guardians as necessary. Prepare reports for senior management, teaching staff and outside agencies.
· Provide administative support to School Head and other offices
· Provide statistical information as required by external agencies.
· Updating and managing media platforms
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Receptionist / Administrator must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ or any equivalent
· Two to three years of work experience as a school /corporate receptionist /administrator. Applicants with experience in a school setting have an added advantage
· Computer literacy, numerate, typing / secretarial skills
· Broad knowledge and understanding of routine administrative work procedures and protocols
· Good communication skills
· Data entry skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
· Professional etiquette with an outgoing attitude
· Good team player
· A knack for customer service particularly attending to visitors and clients
· Excellent organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
· Proven job diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
· Show commitment to work overtime on occasion.
· Experience in managing the Front Desk / Reception
· Excellent communication and multitasking skills
· Show a positive attitude
· Strong work ethic.
· Behave in a manner which is, at all times, appropriate and which will not damage the reputation or standing of the School.
· Willingness to contribute to the life and development of the International School.
· Skilled in promoting a friendly, inviting, professional and courteous environment as the first point of contact for visitors to the school ensuring they are dealt with promptly and courteously.
· Ability to research information to help with the management of the school.
· Willingness to respond to any request or directive which your Supervisor or may make in time of emergency or need.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line quoted as “Receptionist / Administrator - International School.”
Deadline: 25th May 2018 by 5.00pm