Reporting to: Team Leader Protection
Technical line manager: Protection Coordinator
Direct reports: GBV Assistants
Overall Purpose Of The Role
The main purpose of this position is to support the quality, timely implementation of SGBV activities in compliance with DRC standards and budgets.
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader, contribute to the writing of concept papers and proposal development on the GBV thematic areas of protection. Also identify GBV gaps and vulnerabilities with a view to generating ideas for future projects with strong impact for the beneficiaries.
- Support the protection assessment in particular in the GBV field and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy points based on assessment of situation.
- Under the supervision of the Protection and Community Services Coordinator ensure that all the GBV protection approaches and tools are developed in synergy with the overall DRC’s national based protection initiatives.
- Oversee the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SGBV- related projects and interventions in Kiryandongo refugee settlement.
- Make sure that all the protection projects adhere to the highest GBV protection standards and principles as well as DRC guidelines and accountability standards.
- Strengthen prevention and response mechanisms to all forms of abuse through sensitizations, trainings, IEC materials, capacity building of community structures etc.
- Facilitate and support awareness raising activities and advocate for prevention of SGBV within the communities
- Ensure SGBV Standard Operation Procedures are in place and followed by all parties
- Lead the effort to develop a multi-sectorial prevention and response and reporting mechanism as well as information sharing
- In collaboration with the DRC Kiryandongo Protection Team Leader proactively contribute to quality and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct SGBV Situational Analysis (SITREP) on a monthly basis with partners
Coordination and representation
- Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders including donors, Local Government and other stakeholders on the GBV thematic areas at the field level in close cooperation with the Protection Team Leader.
- Representation of DRC and active participation in the local GBV working groups and any other meetings as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, protection gap analysis, advocacy.
- Actively liaise with other DRC sectors and ensure the integration of the SGBV intervention in all the activities.
- Link with the legal aid sector program as a key strategy to achieving the reforms needed to increase access to justice for the SGBV survivors.
- Work closely with the other programme components to maximize programme output and impact.
Staff development and management
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the GBV outreach workers and community based mechanisms in Kiryandongo operational area as needed.
- Provide technical leadership to the GBV assistant in the case management work. Ensure all cases are up to date (filling system and GBVIMS) and progressing well and in line with UNHCR and DRC standard tools.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Provision of technical support to staff members in linking DRC Kiryandongo GBV prevention and response to relevant protection standards, best practices and policy documents ensuring a rights-based approach programme framework.
Support Management Team To
- Follow up all DRC / DDG Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Support the Protection Team Leader to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different clusters
Experience And Technical Competencies
- A post graduate diploma in legal practice Minimum of six (6) years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in SGBV programming is essential
- Experience of managing and supervising staff.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Computer skills.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
A University degree in social sciences, guidance and counselling or relevant fields.
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here: https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/409564