Deadline of this Job:
Thursday 30th August 2018
Date Posted: 27th August 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Community Empowerment for Rural Development (CEFORD) is a leading, not for profit Non Governmental Organization (NGO) in West Nile, registered with the National NGO Board; and operating in Eight districts of West Nile (Arua, Nebbi, Zombo, Koboko, Yumbe, Maracha, Moyo and Adjumani).
CEFORD has received funding from UN-FAO to implement a Livelihood Project in Bidibidi and Palorinya Settlements and wishes to recruit competent persons to fill the following position in Yumbe and Moyo districts:
Job Title: Project Officer (PO) 4 Positions
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Contract Period: 5 Months
Yumbe Positions: 1 Agric background & 1 Development/Social Work Background
Moyo Positions: 1 Agric background & 1 Development/Social Work Background
- To facilitate the development and implementation of CEFORD project activities at community level in line with Area Work Plans
- To ensure timely preparation of progress reports and accountabilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop work plans for implementation of CEFORD project activities in area of operation;
- Implement, monitor and evaluate project activities;
- Participate in research including baseline and other surveys, and needs assessment of community development demands and expectations;
- Provide technical support to the target community groups;
- Prepare and submit quality progress reports on implementation as per agreed schedules with the Project Coordinator;
- Contribute to strengthening of CEFORD-Community relations and positive image;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Experience, Education and Required Skills
- Minimum first University degree in the discipline of Agriculture and/or Diploma in Agriculture; Degree/Diploma in Development work; Social Work; Community Rehabilitation
- Certificate in Project Planning and Management and proposal writing is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years working experience (preferably with a civil society organization) in Rural Development Programme, Agriculture and Institutional Capacity Building; Experience in working in refugee setting an added advantage.
- Computer literate: MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High level of integrity, commitment, strong report writing, analytical and communication skills, knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Must be self supervised, able to work extra hours and willingness to adhere to organization values.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community; traditions, culture, beliefs and refugee/host community hierarchical structures
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Strong communication skills, knowledge of local languages in area of preference, knowledge of Arabic or any of the refugees’ language an added advantage.
- Ability to ride motorcycle and valid riding permit is a MUST
Job application procedure
Applications in own handwriting, clearly stating the position applied for and District of preference accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of relevant academic transcripts, testimonials and contacts of 3 referees including day telephone numbers, should be addressed to: The Executive Director – CEFORD P.O. Box 303 Arua To reach her not later than 4:00 pm Thursday 30th August 2018. Applications can be delivered to the CEFORD Offices in Moyo, Yumbe and Arua. Late submission of applications will not be accepted. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. NOTE: Women are encouraged to apply.