Closing date: 14 Dec 2018
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
The Program Manager takes overall responsibility for managing the KOICA project, guiding and monitoring the performance of team of 9 program staff. Working closely with the Regional Area Manager and the Save the Children Korea Advisor and the Head of health, he/she will ensure the overall compliance and integrity of the program, and ensure its success and visibility. S/he will provide leadership and daily oversight for planning and implementation of activities including; internal monitoring and evaluation of project The Project Manager will work closely and liaise with the other project Managers of other projects in the region to spar integration and benefit from project synergies within the region. The Program Manager may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Contract Duration: Open Ended
Contractual Status: National
Location: Fort Portal
Qualification and Experience;
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or a higher diploma in Midwifery with significant field experience. Social Scientists with a post graduate qualification in Public Health at Masters level in addition to long term working experience in the health sector are also encouraged to apply.
* At least 5 years of experience managing Health /MNCH/SRH and gender related programs in Uganda (preferably with an International NGO).
* Experience managing teams to deliver results; People management skills - team building, with experience of supervising staff
* Proven experience in training and building capacity of various stakeholders in Maternal Neonatal and Child Health
* Understanding of models of taking health interventions to scale
* Budget monitoring and management skills with experience in managing medium –large sized projects
* Experience of working with local partners and conduct training as a Master trainer in ICCM, Community newborn care and family planning delivery and mentorship of Village Health Teams needed.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dGltb3RoeS4wOTIzNC4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZH...