5 Project Management Assistants
Social Impact ( SI )
Deadline of this Job:
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
About USAID Project:
Social Impact is preparing a proposal response for the anticipated multi-million-dollar, five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Contract in Uganda. The purpose of the Contract is to strengthen the performance of USAID/Uganda and its Implementing Partners (IPs) in collaborating, learning and adapting to improve the relevance, quality and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development.
The Project Management Assistant will monitor IP performance and expenditures, ensure project compliance with USG and complete other administrative tasks. They will be based in Uganda and work to support the mission and the five Social Science Advisors throughout the duration of the contract.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly monitor IP performance, helping to ensure the quality and accuracy of IP data and reporting, IP compliance with USG policies and regulations, and progress toward results.
- Monitor IP expenditures to ensure that expenditures are reasonable consistent with activity progress.
- Make recommendations regarding administrative approval of expenditures.
- Meet USAID/Uganda reporting requirements.
- Prepare briefing papers, success stories and other outreach documents.
- Plan for USAID/Uganda events and field trips.
- Maintain files.
- Other tasks consistent with helping the C/AOR fulfil his/her roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience working in data collection, data reporting and/or expenditures for development projects.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with colleagues across bureaus, departments or organizations.
- Familiarity with USAID compliance rules and regulations is preferred.
- Experience in Uganda or East Africa is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. English is required.
Job application procedure
All applicants who wish to join Social Impact’s USAID project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here http://bit.ly/2BWhrwG