Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
Job Summary: The Programme Intern will be based in Jinja with constant travel to the communities to support Health Entrepreneurs, volunteer peer educators, and building community level partnerships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme preparation, implementation, and monitoring 30% The intern will support program coordinator in executing the duties below:
- Support Programme Preparation, Implementation, and Monitoring.
- Support Sub county level Networking and Partnership development.
- Support Health Entrepreneur coordination.
- Support financial planning management and reporting.
- Planning and implementation of the GUSO-Flex program.
- Support logistical preparation for all program activities.
- Support the Health Entrepreneurs’ training on social accountability.
- Lead the mapping of Health centers to be rated.
- Lead the health center- Health entrepreneur linkage meetings.
- Ensure monitoring, evaluation and reporting procedures and timelines are followed.
- Coordinate Health entrepreneurs to participate in GUSO activities.
Support Networking and Partnership Development: 10%
- Ensure that key staff at the Sub-County Offices have a clear understanding of GUSO- Flex program.
- Establish formal partnerships with Health Centers.
- Work closely with UNYPA to hold district review and advocacy meetings.
- Identify opportunities for joint activities with District and sub county government staff.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to sub county local government.
- Participate in GUSO-Flex update meetings at SRHR alliance level.
- Link young people to available local government and partner opportunities supporting youth livelihoods and sexual and reproductive health.
- Represent Restless Development Uganda at meetings with government and NGO partners as required.
People Management and Development (30%)
- Support young leaders to develop and implement work plans in the target communities.
- Continually support and supervise the outputs of the team leaders and volunteers through line management and performance reviews.
- Provide discipline, care and guidance in an approachable, supportive and helpful way to all peer educators on an equal basis to ensure their safety and welfare.
- Ensure that all team leaders have clear performance objectives, monitored on a monthly basis.
- Support the health entrepreneurs to address challenges.
- Build the capacity of team leaders and volunteers as required with support of the Programme Coordinator.
Financial Planning and Management (15%) Working closely with the Programme Coordinator and the Finance Unit to:
- Ensure appropriate use and accountability of funds by team leaders, and Volunteers
- Ensure adherence to Restless Development Uganda’s financial policies.
- Ensure all finances are accounted for in time according to Restless Development Uganda’s financial policies.
Other duties as required (5%)
- Other duties as required, including occasional work on weekends for which time off in lieu can be taken
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Restless Development Assistant Programme Intern job should preferably hold a degree in relevant field of study
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Fluency in spoken Lusoga and /or Luganda is desired
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Restless Development in the aforementioned capacity should fill in this form, download here: http://restlessdevelopment.org/file/internship-application-form-dec-2018-docx, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 18th January 2019