TThe Embassy of Ireland in Uganda works to strengthen bilateral relations between Ireland and Uganda to promote Ireland’s values and interests in Uganda. Ireland’s current strategy (2016-2020) for Uganda is guided by our foreign policy, ‘The Global Island, Ireland’s Foreign Policy for a Changing World’, and Ireland’s policy for international development, ‘One World One Future’. The strategy covers the breadth of the Embassy’s work including consular and visa services, cultural promotion, trade and investment promotion, political engagement, and the development co-operation programme, which is closely aligned to the Government of Uganda’s second National Growth and Development Plan. A copy of Ireland’s strategy is available on https://www.irishaid.ie/media/irishaid/allwebsitemedia/20newsandpublications/FINAL-Uganda-CSP-print-version.pdf
Specific Duties will include:
• Providing administrative support to the grants management process.
• Leading on specific initiatives or projects within the current development programme, as well as supporting the work of the development programme advisors.
• Ensuring strong communications of the results of the development programme and ensuring maximum visibility of Ireland’s investment in Uganda.
• Working with a cross-Embassy team on the organization and management of key Embassy events.
• Providing overall administrative support to the development programme.
• Any and all such reasonable additional tasks that may be assigned.
Experience, Skills or Competencies required:
• A Degree in development studies, social science, communications or another relevant discipline.
• Three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
• A high standard in English, both spoken and written.
• Strong administrative, organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• A very high standard of personal integrity
• Ability to prioritize effectively and work to deadlines
Job application procedure
The Job Description and Application Form for this position are available on our website www.dfa.ie/uganda Completed application forms should be sent via e-mail only to Recruitment.Kampala@dfa.ie with the subject line; Programme Executive. Applications must be received before 16:30hrs. on Wednesday, 27th February 2019. No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants. The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Uganda prior to recruitment. The Embassy of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. Data Protection Note: By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data may not be fully secure. Any personal information submitted to us will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Data Protection Acts. https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/ourcommitments/ Security Clearance for Local Staff: Police vetting will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position they will be required to supply this information again.