Trócaire is an overseas development agency of the Irish Catholic Church. Trócaire works through a partnership approach and is a member of worldwide networks such as Caritas International and CIDSE. Trócaire has been working in Uganda for over 30 years and established an office in Kampala in 2008. Working with over twenty-five local partner organisations, Trócaire takes a rights based approach while focusing on Women’s Empowerment, Equitable Access to and use of Natural Resources, and the Protection of Human Dignity in Humanitarian Crisis. We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Programme Director– Reporting to the Country Director Uganda
Duration of contract and location:This is a fixed-term contract for 2 years and based in Kampala Uganda with regular in country travel, especially to Acholi and Teso and the potential of travel internationally, including to Ireland.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Programme Development and Management
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Partner Relationships and Support
- Human Resource Management
- Institutional Funding
- Policy, Advocacy and Communications
Experience and Qualifications
- Third level qualification in Development, Humanitarian or related field of study.
- Significant demonstrable experience in the management of development programmes of substantial scale;
- In-depth understanding of programming in a partnership model, working in a partnership-based NGO;
- Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques, including results based management, rights based approach and participatory methodologies;
- Demonstrable experience of working to attract institutional donor funding and of managing large and complex donor grants;
- Minimum five years of working in an international or local organisation in Uganda or abroad.
This position is open to Ugandan nationals or those with the automatic right to work in Uganda.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can get the detailed Job Description and application from the Weblink below and apply using the relevant template. Sending Curriculum Vitae is not acceptable.
Copy and paste the link below in your browser to apply
Applications deadline is 8th November 2019 – For full details see the Ref above & link
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding Programme Participants from exploitation and Abuse. The successful candidate will be expected to sign and adhere to Trócaire Safeguarding Policies.