DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Program Manager will primarily manage the implementation of a given portfolio of planned projects to transform the Bank into a digital and process-oriented operation aimed at improving customer experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the different project managers and teams assigned for the implementation of change initiative projects.
- Manage the allocated projects to ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and meet the objectives set.
- Project planning and prioritization.
- Team management including undertaking the mandatory performance reviews, adequate staffing and coaching
- Regular monitoring to ensuring that the approved change initiatives are adopted within the organization.
- Develop process documentation for the assigned projects for reference
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Program Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing, Commerce, Accounting or Business Statistics or another related field
- Certification in Project Management
- Adept at Financial Technology
- A professional qualification in Banking and Project Management (e.g. Prince2)
- Program management experience in a similar working environment, a banking environment is added advantage
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- People management skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
How to Apply
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 6th December 2018
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.