Salary: CU 6
Department: Financial Aid Office
Reports to:Deputy Vice Chancellor (DER)
Division: Development & External Relations
Key Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for sponsor organizations.
- Recommend students for registration and fees clearance during the semester based on donor interactions.
- Maintain accurate records of donor commitments, payments, and student records.
- Receive and process inquiries from students, and organizations with interest in obtaining or providing sponsorship.
- Tactfully assist students who have no resources.
- Implement University-based scholarships including Work Study, Theology, Staff Spouse and Child, and Sports scholarships.
- Liaise with major donor organizations involved in sponsorships including providing reports, accountability, and generally improving relationships.
- Create and maintain publications about scholarship programmes at UCU including brochures and website.
- Serve as Secretariat for the University Scholarships Committee.
- Coordinate with relevant offices such as Director of Finance, Academics, and Student Affairs, Honours College for students' benefit.
- Report to Regional Campuses on donations received and assure they are credited to regional campus accounts at UCU.
- Respond to inquiries from sponsors about the status of their sponsored students.
- Write MOUs between UCU and donor organisations to ease operations.
- Counsel and advice students on financial aid.
- Follow up with donors on their payments.
- Seek new scholarship opportunities in partnership with offices responsible for University development.
- Do all such other duties incidental to the advancement of Financial Aid in UCU.
- Supervise staff in the section.
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree preferably in Business or a Management discipline.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business or a Management discipline.
- Knowledge and Experience of the ITS System and Financial Aid processes.
- Exposure to working under pressure with strict adherence to deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of funding categories and types.
- Knowledge of financial aid policies, rules and regulations.
- Must have effective interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have budgetary skills and analysis capabilities.
- Be client service oriented and have sound conflict management and time management skills.
- Must have good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be a committed and practicing
- Should have at least five (5) years working experience performing similar tasks in a reputable organisation.
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of Funding Principles, with proven analytical, interpretative abilities and report writing skills.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
- Two (2) copies of certified academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
3. All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4,
Deadline: Friday, 24th May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.