Many East African SMEs are stuck in the “missing middle”, a financing gap for businesses who need between US 100k and 500k. iungo capital is an investment company that provides growth capital to such early stage and growing SMEs in Uganda. iungo capital invests in value addition businesses that are cash positive and highly scalable, operating in sectors such as service, agri-processing or manufacturing. iungo capital's investments are structured as short to mid-term mezzanine debt or quasi equity.
- Work with 3-6 different portfolio companies.
- To work as internal senior finance professional of the portfolio companies.
- Implement and build finance operations for the portfolio company.
- Prepare weekly and monthly management report for the managers and investors.
- Prepare budget for the companies.
- Train accounting and book keeping staff of the portfolio companies.
- Create financial projection models for income, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Conduct financial audits.
- Make sure all the tax and statutory requirements are fulfilled for the portfolio companies.
Expected background & skills
- Relevant education background in Accounting, Tax and Audit.
- Either having worked with a major accounting organization considered a plus.
- Intensive knowledge and understanding, preferably by experience, of some of the following business domains: operations, financial and risk management, accounting, management controls.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with an entrepreneurial drive.
- Abilities to establish a mixture of empathy, trust, confidentiality and straightforwardness, paramount to help the entrepreneur to see things more clearly from a different view-point.
- Excellent feedback, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creativity and flexibility to interact with entrepreneurs to offer individualized services.
- Problem solving and strategic planning abilities; analytical skills and attention to detail; good numerical skills.
- And finally, commitment and self-motivation are key to be part of an organization that takes skin in the game. You enjoy seeing the results and impact of your work, making a difference in the environment that surrounds you.
We offer a competitive salary and a challenging job in the investment sector, in an international and diverse environment, with a lot of responsibilities and opportunities to influence the development of our organization, contributing to sustainable change. We aspire a joint future in the long term.
We are looking for candidates already residing in Uganda and has necessary work permit for Uganda.
How to apply?
Are you interested? You can apply by submitting your 1-page application letter and max. 2-page CV specifying with “Portfolio Accountant Uganda” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.