Minimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or Civil Engineering; or Automotive and Power Engineering;` or Industrial Chemistry; or Biochemistry; or Science Technology; or Environmental Studies from a recognised University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Petroleum Officer for performing the following duties:-
- Monitoring trends and developments in technology and giving advice on necessary amendments to existing standards;
- Participating in updating standards for downstream petroleum products, equipment and facilities;
- Participating in organizing workshops and meetings with industry stakeholders to sensitize them on existing standards and compliance requirements and attending to their enquiries;
- Working closely with the licensing and monitoring officers to ensure that approved downstream petroleum facilities and installations meet the stipulated standards;
- Participating in the preparation and implementation of programs to ensure compliance with downstream petroleum standards;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time