Closing date: 05 Jan 2019
Taleo Business Edition ~ Premium
CARE is seeking an energetic, proactive Operations Director (OPD) - Uganda who will provide operational leadership and direction to the Country Office (CO). The person in this role will be responsible for Administration (Inventory and Assets Management, Transport and fleet management, Procurement, Logistics, ICT, Safety and Security, travel management, visitors' management, office management) and Finance (Grants and Contracts including the financial side of award and sub award management, Accounting and Financial System Operations Management and CO Data Processing) and Compliance and Risk management, including legal services.
The Operations Director will effectively lead the Administration and Finance Departments with the ultimate objective of maintaining and strengthening CARE Uganda’s operational capacity to support a major scale-up effort in response to the Refugee crisis. In so doing, the Operations Director will ensure the program support services are provided in a manner that reflects CARE's Core Values, Mission and Vision and builds capacity of staff and partners with a focus on customer satisfaction and efficiency.
This position reports to the Country Director and will be a member of the Senior Management Team. S/he will ensure stronger collaboration between Programs (both long term and humanitarian) and Program Support, with the aim of taking the Country Office forward on its transformational journey to provide humanitarian relief to communities.
Furthermore, the successful candidate must quickly acquire and demonstrate an understanding of CARE's programmatic needs and concerns for ensuring effective administrative and financial support, as well as strict commitment and adherence to CARE's Core Values, Mission and Vision, and promotion of Gender Equity and Diversity (GED).
• Ensure all core functions under the Administration and Finance Departments fulfiled with the highest quality and efficiency and are implemented in compliance with CARE's and relevant donor policies;
• Conduct an analysis of existing ways of working with the objective to improve cost-effectiveness and efficiency
• Accountable for the preparation and submission of complete, reliable and timely reports (e.g. Procurement Status Reports, Financial reports, Award and Sub award performance reports, portfolio analysis, etc to CO managers, regional office and donors, local entities and other partners as relevant
• Improved interface between Administration and Finance and between Program Support and Program teams;
• Continuous identification of priority areas for capacity building for programme staff and delivery of appropriate capacity building methods on relevant procedures and policies;
• Facilitate ongoing assessment of risks facing the CO, in general and particularly in Administration and Finance, including the risk of fraud and corruption, of Sexual Harrassment, Exploitation and Abuse (PSHEA);
• Accountable for timely preparation and completion of audits and for ensuring any potential finding is addressed quickly and generates knowledge to reduce future risks
• Ensure all statutory obligations of the host country, related to taxes, filing of reports, of annual income returns, e.t.c are met in a timely manner
• University Degree in Administration, Finance or equivalent field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• A minimum five (5) years experience in a senior Program Support management position that included overseeing a Finance (required) and an Administration (ideal) Department;
• At least three (3) years international experience in Africa, in a complex humanitarian context;
• Good Information Technology skills and knowledge of diverse software systems
• Advanced administrative management skills
• Advanced Financial management skills
• Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Gender Equity and Diversity
• Extensive experience and in-depth understanding of administrative support processes and compliance requirements
• Fluent English (written and verbal)