Operations Director - Market Systems & Input Project
Tracking Code20120350Job Description
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) focused on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC has been active in Uganda since 2012 implementing the Netherlands Embassy-funded CATALIST-Uganda Agribusiness Project (Catalyzed Accelerated Agricultural Intensification for Social and Environmental Stability) from 2012-2016, the REACH Market Systems Project (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) 2016-2020 and the 2SCALE Regional Agribusiness Incubation (Toward Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through Learning in Entrepreneurship Project (2012-2018).
IFDC is recruiting for 1-2 anticipated USAID Market Systems & Input Project(s) (2018-2022) that will serve to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes; increase the availability, affordability and accessibility of farm inputs; improve the nutritional status of women and children; and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate using a market systems approach.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and directing all activities related to administration, human resources, finance and support such as travel, procurement, inventory, equipment, IT, vehicles and drivers
- Ensuring overall compliance with USAID rules and regulations, financial management, international and local personnel recruitment and management, subcontractor management, grants management, and procurement.
- Manage the operations team including administrative assistants, accountants and drivers.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Financial Management.
- Part or full qualification with a professional accounting body such as CIMA, ACCA, and CPA is a definite advantage;
- Proven leadership, managerial, and organizational skills;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office with hands on experience in an accounting packages such as Pastel and QuickBooks;
- Good analytical skills, flexibility, honesty, creativity; takes initiative;
- Strong report writing, budgeting and analytical skills;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required.
- At least and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position with a recognized NGO or International Organization (private or public);
- At least and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working on USAID-funded projects.
This position is open to Ugandan Nationals only, or individuals with work authorization in Uganda. Please only include a cover letter and a CV at this stage. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until release of the tender documents. Only selected candidates will be contacted. They will be invited for interviews including oral and written tests.
Closing Date for Application
June 30, 2018
USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY; https://bit.ly/2rl8YLT