- Setting up of stores at site
- Quotations from various clearing agents for clearing the containers/loose cargo from port /airport quotations from various transporters for
- Transporting the materials to stores and other site locations and shortlisting
- Understanding the entire project route and advising on the best possible way of transport
- Clearing of imported materials/machineries from port/airport and transportation of the same to the required destination
- Transportation of locally purchased materials and machineries to the required destination
- Follow-up and obtaining the exemptions (Duty, IDF, VAT) on
case to case basis so that the clearing of the items are not delayed. Along
with manager F&A which includes:
- Applying for Import duty exemptions and IDF charges exemptions.
- Based on the Global exemption for VAT, to prepare an SOP (Standard of Practice) to get specific exemptions in the name of the identified supplier with specific timelines for each process involved.
- In case of delay in obtaining specific VAT exemption in the name of vendor, to convince /negotiate vendor not to charge VAT at the time of supply of material with an assurance that same will be provided in short span of time.
prepare an SOP for custom clearance procedure with the following details to avoid demurrage ( port demurrage & Container demurrage)
- Documents required for customs clearance.
- Time frame for getting these documents.
- Listing of process involved in custom clearance
- Estimate the time involved in each process
- To find out free period considered by port authorities.
- To highlight management at every level of custom clearance for delays beyond control & delays which can be avoided and mitigated.
- To arrange for Pre Shipment Inspection in advance wherever required.
- Qualification- Any Graduate
- Experience – 7-10 years of experience
- Language proficiency in English and local languages