Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Our two flagship at-scale programs, Deworm the World and Dispensers for Safe Water, reached over 280 million people last year and have been named “top” and “standout” charities respectively by GiveWell in 2018, with Deworm the World being named a top charity for the sixth year in a row.
About the position.
B. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The main purpose of this placement will be:
- Manage the field office petty cash
- Manage organization fleet of motorcycles and cars
- Supervise the Office Cleaner and Office Driver
- Coordinate Administration roles for the Satellite offices to ensure smooth running of all office day to day tasks
- In charge of Fuel Management (fuel disbursements, tracker and fuel usage follow up)
- Input data into the Accounting System (Bills from service providers)
- Verify service provider invoices and make recommendations before payment
- Ensure timely settlement of utility bills for field and satellite offices
- Coordinate successful field office meetings, workshops and training
- Verify field staff budgets and accountability returns before they are forwarded to the Country Manager or Budget holders.
- Participate in Procurement process where necessary
- Ensure that internal controls are adhered to in the day today office operations
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
1. Professional Qualification
- A minimum of a University degree in Business
- At least 2 years relevant experience in Finance and Administration.
Other skills preferred
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Quick thinker
- Able to make rational decisions
- Analytical and pays attention to detail
2. Relevant experience and key skills
- Proven experience in Finance and Administration
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
3. Personal Attributes
- High degree of integrity
- Highly innovative
- A good team player
- Willing to work under minimum supervision
- Proactive and self-driven
How to Apply