Job Title: Office Assistant
Organization: Abt Associates
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
About USAID Vector Control Task Project:
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2009, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will be tasked with a wide range of cleaning and maintenance support to the USAID project office including the cleaning of rooms, furniture and equipment, replenishment of supplies; beverage service, and assigned clerical/administrative tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Office Assistant job placement should hold an A’ level certificate
· Previous office support / custodial work experience is desired
· Proven ability to work with minimum direction and supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
· Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
· Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
· Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Previous experience with USAID funded programs and/ or other international development experience.
· English language fluency.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to VectorControl_Uganda@abtassoc.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
NB: Documentation required to be considered includes a Cover Page, CV, biodata form, payslip from the most recent position held, copies of educational certificates/degrees, and contact information of at least 3 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone numbers).