Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Advisor, Tanzania
We are currently seeking a Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Support Activity (MSNA) project based in Tanzania. MSNA will provide household level support to agriculture, nutrition, family planning, and water and sanitation activities.
- Identify and address opportunities to increase household production, purchase, and consumption of nutrient rich foods.
- Provide technical assistance and monitoring for nutrition-sensitive agricultural activities and services.
- Apply gender-sensitive best practices to develop innovative approaches to address barriers to intrahousehold allocation of food and decision making over household nutrition.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA interests during meetings related to nutrition-sensitive agriculture and other subjects with USAID Mission personnel, host-country government officials, international organizations, local and international NGOs, international donors, and others interested in ACDI/VOCA activities.
Coordinate with relevant staff in regional offices as needed.
Bachelor's degree in international nutrition, health, food security or other relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience working on large donor-funded projects focusing on nutrition, agriculture, sanitation and hygiene, food security or other related technical areas.
Experience in private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in implementing programs aimed at improving nutrition through multi-sectoral strategies.
- Demonstrated history of providing highly effective technical and managerial leadership on projects of similar size and scope.
- Demonstrated understanding of nutrition-sensitive agriculture concepts in Tanzanian context.
- Knowledge of social and behavior change communication theory and techniques.
- Experience with USAID is preferred.
- Willingness to travel required. Applicants may be expected to relocate to regional offices depending on solicitation requirements.
- Fluency in English required.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.