AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Uganda Cares (AHF-UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
- Uganda Cares to date operates in 22 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Hoima, Nakasongora, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Busia and supports 54 clinic sites country wide. The organization now seeks to a hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced person to fill the position below falling vacant in July 2018.
National Medical Director
This position is based at Kampala Office and reports to the Country Program Director. The National Medical Director directly oversees all medical activities at AHF-Uganda Cares supported and owned facilities within the country program. He/ she is the team lead for the medical department, directly supervises Regional Medical Directors, Program Pharmacist, Program Nurse and Laboratory Services Coordinator and takes the direct responsibility of ensuring strong cohesive teams at national, regional and site level. The holder of the position performs among others the following duties;
- As senior manager, he/she oversees AHF medical Country operations in all the designated regional sites and supports the Regional Medical Directors to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the regions.
- Works closely with HIV Prevention program to ensure an effective linkage system for clients tested into the continuum of care and treatment
- Attends key technical partners’ meetings and provides feedback to management through the Country Program Director
- Commits 40 hours monthly to see patients with complicated cases and prepare cases for discussion and learning purpose
- Ensures standard quality of clinical services at all AHF supported sites in the program
- Provides periodic comprehensive support supervision, using the tools provided by AHF-Uganda Cares and Ministry of Health.
- Supports the Program Pharmacist to ensure that pharmacy operations are in accordance with good pharmacy practices. Academic Qualifications
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognizable institution. Should hold additional qualification either in Health Systems Management or Public Health or Human resource will be an added advantage
- Registration with the medical and dental practitioner’s council is a must. Experience:
- Ten years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems.
- Five years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; two years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases. Specific Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skill Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites upon request.
- Experience in planning and budgeting required.
- Experience in quality management and assurance practices desired.
How to Apply
To be considered for this recruitment, please; - Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to: email@example.com mentioning position applied for & location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB - any larger email will not be considered. Deadline: Friday 28 September, 2018 at 5:00pm AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer