Trócaire is the overseas development agency of the Irish Catholic Church. We are a partnership agency with a focus on Food and Resource Rights, Women's Empowerment and Humanitarian response. Trócaire Uganda is currently recruiting,
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor (Ref: TRO-UGA-005)
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding Programme Participants from exploitation and Abuse. The successful candidate will be expected to sign and adhere to Trócaire Safeguarding Policies.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor2-Year renewable Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to Acholi/Teso, and some International travel.
Key areas of responsibility include:
The role of the MEAL Advisor will be to support the country office and our partners to develop and use MEL systems and to ensure these systems are used for decision-making, reporting and documentation of results. This Advisor will need to be able to communicate MEL concepts to non-specialists in an easy to understand manner and support others to learn.
· Support programme team to ensure monitoring and evaluation information is used for learning and informing programme strategies/adaption.
· Lead and support Trócaire staff in the development of programme monitoring and evaluation systems during the programme design phase, including adherence to donor requirements.
· Support programme staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on programme impact.
· Provide technical support to partners on monitoring and evaluation systems and how to use these systems for learning and informing programme strategies/adaption.
· In conjunction with the programme staff support partners in the development of project monitoring and evaluation including planning, development of data collection tools, and guidance on sampling and assurances on data quality.
· Train and support partner staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on project impact.
· To document learning from staff and partners in a manner that is accessible that can be easily communicated to internal and external audiences.
· To keep up to date with trends in monitoring, evaluation and accountability
Experience and Qualifications
· Degree in development studies or other relevant field
· Recognised courses in Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Minimum 5 years of working in an international or local organisation in Uganda/abroad.
· Experience in developing MEAL systems and processes
· Experience in using M& information for decision-making and reporting.
· Significant experience in capacity building on monitoring and evaluation in Uganda/abroad.
· Excellent communications and facilitation skills
· Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills.
· Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can get the detailed Job Description and application from the Weblink below and apply using the relevant template. Sending Curriculum Vitae is not acceptable.
Copy and paste the link below in your browser to apply
Applications by 25th February 2019
This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.