Reports to Executive Director
- Lead the development of the ACTADE Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Lead the design of the data collection tools and ensure their correct utilisation.
- Lead the design of project baselines, midlines and end lines (including design of tools and managing their effective implementation)
- Lead the data collection to draft baseline, quarterly, annual, midline and end line reporting/evaluations reporting ensuring gender and other disadvantaged groups data disaggregation.
- Plan and execute activities in line with ACTADE’s communication strategy including providing evidence to inform communication stories/messages.
- Develop and document high level lesson learning, e.g. policy briefs, technical papers, best practices, and case studies.
- Provide technical support to ACTADE staff in monitoring, reporting and documenting key learnings, best practices, processes and outcomes.
- Conduct data quality and spot checks, including through routine monitoring visits to project sites, to ensure data quality and aggregate data at the sub-region levels.
- Conduct pertinent data analysis for informed decision-making, and assist in following up on implementation of recommendations.
Should have a Master's Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, or Social Sciences, from a recognized awarding University or Institution. The postgraduate degree should preferably include credits in the principles and practice of Monitoring and Evaluation. The applicant should be 25 to 45 years of age.
· Should have relevant working experience of at least three years leading M&E design and implementation across the M&E cycle (baseline, midline, end line), as well as quarterly and annual reporting.
· Strong proven writing and reporting skills including expertise in the presentation and interpretation of data to guide improvement.
· Working with contacts in the NGO community.
· Qualitative and Quantitative techniques for data collection
· Fluency in English and Luganda
· Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve outstanding results
· Demonstrated proficiency in SPSS, Excel
How to apply: Qualified male & female candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three referees. Applications should be sent to the Executive Director by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to: African Centre for Trade and Development plot 2 Agape Close|Ntinda, Kigoowa P.O Box 16452, Kampala Uganda.
Please include the title of the position for which you are applying on the envelope or in the subject line of the email.
Applications should be received by 5:00pm on the 19th of July 2019