Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking a Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Lead for the upcoming Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE II) Health Services Delivery Activity for Burkina Faso and Niger - USAID/Senegal, Sahel Regional Office’s second phase of the RISE project. The MEL Lead will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, as well as measure program outcomes and impact. S/he will ensure a robust and adequate MEL data system to enhance the collection, management, and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving results. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. The MEL system will provide USAID with timely and accurate information. S/he will support the ministries of health (at all levels) to build long-term capacity in MEL to support improved health access and outcomes. This position will report to the Chief of Party, Health Services Delivery and likely be based in Niamey, Niger.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the project in monitoring and evaluation, results reporting, data utilization for program decision-making and knowledge management
- Facilitate development and implementation of the project’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan and budget to effectively track project activities, outcomes, and results
- Develop project quantitative and qualitative indicators and targets, as well as processes and tools to measure them
- Work with partner organizations to ensure a consistent approach to measurement of indicators
- Develop and maintain project databases to capture relevant data on key indicators
- Conduct periodic routine data quality assessments and implement corrective actions to address gaps identified
- Participate in writing regular, timely progress reports of project activities and results for USAID and other stakeholders
- Engage with other program and technical staff in developing and implementing annual project Work and Learning Plans
- Conduct rigorous annual data quality assessments on all project indicators, and write up and disseminate results
- Provide leadership in the development and design of all project evaluation and research efforts, and ensure that they are linked to project objectives and deliverables and are properly budgeted and staffed.
- Ensure that the results of assessments and evaluations are integrated into the joint workplan and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities
- Identify short-term MEL technical assistance needs, develop scopes of work for these assignments, and arrange for contracting of consultants, as needed
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results with a global audience using a variety of fora such as publications, conference presentations, technical briefs, research reports, etc.
- Remain abreast of developments in the MEL field, particularly with respect to integrated health and community-based health services
- Directly supervise and mentor a team of MEL professionals and contribute substantially to any research which is undertaken by the project
- Work with Ministry of Health counterparts to continually build capacity in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research design and implementation, and data usage
- Work closely with the Ministry of Health (MOH), the RISE II social and behavior change partners, as well as Food for Peace implementing partners, to identify and engage with learning opportunities to improve project performance
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Demography or relevant similar from an accredited university/college field is required. PhD preferred.
- At least seven years’ experience with a PhD, or 10 years with a Masters, in successfully developing and implementing effective M&E systems required.
- Experience developing learning portfolios for complex projects across various countries preferred
- Significant experience preferred in providing field-based technical assistance about M&E and learning in low resource countries, preferably in West Africa.
- Expertise in performance and impact measurement related to FP service delivery, contraceptive security preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details are required.
- A strong background in field research in health programming with experience in qualitative/quantitative methods and analysis is strongly preferred
- Fluency in French (4S/4R minimum)
- Must be capable of working both in a team and independently to implement the duties described above
- Proficient in oral and written English communication skills (3S/3R)
- Experience working with vulnerable and underserved groups in insecure environments that are prone to shocks
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations and/or experience working on USAID funded project
- Experience working with a range of local government officials and government health facilities
- Prior experience living and working in West Africa, including in insecure or unstable environments
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1