- Formulate strategic marketing plans to deliver against company objectives;
- Lead the development of product launch programs and entry into new markets;
- Direct and evaluate regular market research to anticipate changes in customer behavior and market needs and provides relevant insights to management;
- Prepare the marketing budgets and manage the delivery of all marketing activities within the agreed budget;
- Lead the development and implementation of brand plans, activations and promotions to strengthen our brands and increase its share of the market in the various consumer segments;
- Coordinate all our marketing functions to maximize synergies and ensure that advertising and marketing across all communication media is aligned to the defined brand identities;
- Lead and motivate the marketing teams to execute brand plans and deliver against marketing objectives.
- Manage and develop the capabilities of the brand teams; and,
- Work closely with key stakeholders, division and department heads in editorial, television, circulation, and advertising to align on business objectives and marketing needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Eight (8) years' of relevant experience, Five (5) of which should be at leadership level;
- Strategic thinking and ability to translate new concepts into operational plans. Operational problem-solving skills;
- Strong customer orientation;
- Ability to manage complex interfaces and senior relationships within the business;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans;
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the organization as a whole; and,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse cross functional teams.