LOOKING FOR A MARKETING &COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER. RE- ADVERTISED
Village Power provides solar energy solutions mainly, though not limited to people in rural Uganda. The Marketing and Communications officer will play a key role in developing & executing effective communications and media related campaigns that address all relevant stakeholders in order to increase brand awareness and increase sales.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
Duties/ Responsibilities (JD)
1. Inform and execute marketing and public relations activity.
2. Create and manage media relationships.
3. Coordinate with Village Power management and staff to identify key relevant topics that need to be addressed with different audiences.
4. Create content for campaigns, press releases, articles and key presentations.
5. Create, distribute & manage marketing material.
6. Represent the company at key events.
7. Maintain a keen understanding of the industry trends affecting clients in order to align our marketing &communications plans, accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
1. A solid education and training in marketing, communications or related discipline.
2. At least three years of proven experience as a marketing and PR professional who has worked on successful campaigns.
3. Strong relationships with media outlets.
4. Ability to effectively address audiences through public speaking.
5. Strong writing and editing skills.
6. Event planning experience.
7. A vibrant, confident and social individual.
8. Industry knowledge would be of advantage.
If you meet the above criteria and believe you would be a valuable addition to our dynamic team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to hear from you!!!