Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Manager Human Resource Business Partnering will provide a customer centric HR advisory service to an assigned portfolio of staff / line managers, ensuring successful implementation of HR solutions which meet their business requirements, while contributing to the development and delivery of bank wide HR initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the business line management teams to Influence thinking, challenge and identify opportunities to adopt HR best practices and guide them in the effective management of people to improve engagement levels, optimize on their contribution and achieve the Business strategies;
- Provide the interface between HR and the areas of operation to provide HR solutions and coordinate the implementation of the HR agenda in the Business. This will cover both operational and strategic areas of People management.
- Execute, support and monitor the implementation of the Bank’s performance management system. This will include supporting Line Managers with appropriate performance management interventions for their staff.
- Support organizational change by ensuring that appropriate structures are in place as a means of defining jobs and aligning the growth strategies of the Bank with the staffing plan and Budget. This includes involvement in Job Evaluation, alignment of Organization structures and development of job descriptions.
- Assess the level of talent, coordinate and implement succession planning and talent management strategies to support the delivery of business requirements in relation to the Banks current and future competence (capability), knowledge and skills needs.
- Monitor and review relevant metrics in the area of operation in order to define the human capital requirements and engage line managers and stake holders on undertaking the necessary interventions. This will include review of staff productivity and efficiency, staff alignment to expected standards and workload assessment.
- Develop and support Implementation of retention strategies to enable the Bank retain its critical talent as well as maintain overall attrition at acceptable levels.
- Coordinate the Staff cost and Headcount (workforce planning) budgeting and monitoring in the respective area of operation. This will also include coordination and support in Resourcing decisions made for staff.
- Support the staff engagement agenda of the Bank in order to ensure we implement the relevant initiatives to have a motivated and productive staff base and deliver our Employee value proposition. This will include undertaking various interactions with staff in the area of operation.
- Coach leaders and line managers to become increasingly more effective at leading, managing and developing their units, teams, employees and their cross-functional relationships
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Manager Human Resource Business Partnering job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in the field of HR Management, Social sciences, Organizational Psychology or other relevant degree
- A post graduate or professional qualification in the area of HR Management is an added advantage Requisite Experience, knowledge and skills
- Three years of practical and progressive experience in a People management role at an advanced level in a reputable organization preferably in a financial institution or FMCG.
- Hands on experience in HR Business partnering and in using the Balanced scorecard as a performance management tool is an added advantage
- Business Acumen in terms of ability to understand the Business and area of operation
- A high level of integrity and strong communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with diverse teams and build relationships
- Thorough and proven understanding of best in class and contemporary HR practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Creative and innovative with a customer centric disposition
- Compassion/Counselling skills are required, particularly in assisting line managers with problems or any difficult situations referred by the team and staff
- Skills in the areas of coaching, mentoring and influencing.
- Analytical skills sufficient to set and monitor budgets and contribute to business planning and assessment decisions
How to Apply
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th January 2019 by 5:00pm