Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda) is a wholly-owned government company which is the leading provider of a wide range of postal, logistical, IT and financial services in Uganda with international links to all major postal administrations worldwide.
Job Summary: The Mail Handler will be handling customers’ incoming and outgoing mails by distributing and delivering them to the right owners in line with the objectives and aims of UPL.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle the Opening of mail bags as maybe assigned by the supervisor and checking the items recorded in the way bill.
- Recording the mails in the delivery book.
- Sort, organize and prepare letter items, packets for delivery to their rightful addresses by availing transportation for easy delivery of the letter items.
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing mails are sorted and delivered according to the address.
- Make certain that torn and damaged items are carefully secured, re-weigh the item, wrap it again and make a report to the supervisor.
- Accept and deliver mail items and ensure that motorbikes are fuelled and maintained in the right state.
- Receive, sort and deliver incoming mail directed to staff and departments and moving mail bags, parcels, and other mail items within the sorting area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold General Education
- Possess a valid riding permit is a must
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, detailed CVs and certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates to:
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration,
P.O. Box 7106 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 24th September 2018