Business Function: Operations
Reports to: Head of Operations
Organizational Profile.; one of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with 169 years of providing financial security around the world, with over 24m clients, 23,500 employees and $690bn of assets under management.
Our profile. is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and New York.
We provide protection and savings opportunities to our customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which we operate, jobs and opportunities to our employees and financial benefits for our investors.
By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, we help to drive the cycle of growth.
Our strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for our customers and our shareholders.
It is focused on a number of long-term opportunities:
• The significant protection gap in Asia;
• The transition of US baby boomers into retirement; and
• The UK ‘savings gap’ and ageing population in need of returns and income.
• We continue to develop our new businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of our other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, we have footprint in 5 countries namely Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia and most recently Nigeria.
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a structured fashion and in timely approach & maintaining a high standard of accuracy in their work
The ability to work under pressure is an added advantage because of the growing business and increased expectation continuously to excel
• Review all submitted proposal forms to ensure all incepted policies meet the required underwriting standards
• Maintain tracker of missing information and share with relevant teams for follow-up
• Issue policy documents for all incepted policies
• Process Policy documents
• Lead on policy files archival project
• Issue policies in policy sunrise system.
Prepare weekly activity report for the proposals underwritten and missing information
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned Management
Core Competences Required:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science
• Analytical Skills
• Good mathematical and statistical skills
• Attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
• IT skills
• Good judgment
• Negotiation and Interpersonal skills