UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- L&D implementation by coordinating internal training and development programs as required to meet the identified needs of the institution and evaluating the effectiveness of these training programs with stakeholders.
- Talent Management i.e.: implements UGAFODE (MDI) strategy on talent management in collaboration with Heads of Departments with the primary focus of participating in the identification and development of such high performing employees (HIPO staff) and for Career Development to realize optimum employee productivity and retention.
- Development of standard training modules in collaboration with Heads of Departments, conducting regular and periodical assessment of training needs and to develop a program to meet the identified needs. Also develop internal standard training modules to support a culture of learning at UGAFODE.
- Coordination of the Performance Management process of the institution and ensure that the exercise is conducted in a timely, effective and objective manner and that performance review outcomes are followed through in line with UGAFODE (MDI) Annual Performance Management cycle.
- Serve as the HR Business Partner for HR related service advisory for (Finance, Internal Audit, ICT and Procurement & Administration) support functions.
- In collaboration with Head-HR, takes initiative to develop the Learning & Development budget, seeks for its approval, manages it by tracking expenditures and negotiates training contracts.
- Develop daily/weekly/monthly reports on L&D activities to management with proposals to improving the institution’s L&D portfolio and enhancing accountability.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Learning & Development Officer job must hold a Good University Degree preferably in Minimum of Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Psychology or Business administration. A post graduate diploma in HRM is desirable.
- At least three years of professional experience in Human Resource Management in a competitive business environment. HR professional membership and Professional certification (e.g. CIPD SHRM, HRMAU) is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Team leadership skills
- Influential and persuasive at all organizational levels
- Solution-focused, Innovative and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- Sound knowledge of the principles of training and development as well as innovative training techniques and solutions.
- Basic knowledge of the Uganda labour laws and familiarity with the International Labour laws
- Basic knowledge of Banking HR Operations
- Proficient in MS Office and or Learning Management Systems (LMS)
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit (as one document) motivation letters together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line e.g. “Learning & Development Officer”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Deadline: 30th May 2019