Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Lead Generator – Bancassurance will achieve agreed sales targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of Bank’s consumer Bancassurance products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for soliciting and procuring insurance business on behalf of the Bancassurance agent to Retail customers with operational rigour and compliance with Regulatory requirements: (70%)
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of Bank’s Bancassurance Products.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in sales campaigns to meet specific targets.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Submit completed application forms of different products in line with Bank policies and requirements and submit to Team Leader for review
- Check correctness of each new Proposal form and all other customer documents
- Comply with general Operational risk & Rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations
- Ensure accuracy of each new Insurance application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
Customer Service 20%
- Provide excellent customer service in line with Barclays values
- Own customer queries and complaints around Insurance application, Policy terms and conditions, claims management and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in 48hrs to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Explain the terms of an insurance product or service of the Bancassurance business to a prospective policy holder, without any misleading information or misrepresentation on the benefits or costs of the insurance policy;
- Take into account the needs of the prospective policy holder while recommending a specific insurance plan and disseminating the information in respect of an insurance product or service on offer by the insurer;
- Inform the prospective policy holder of the premium to be charged by the insurer for the insurance product or service on offer;
- Explain to the prospective policy holder the nature of information required by the insurer in the proposal form, and the importance of disclosure of material information in the purchase of an insurance contract;
- obtain the requisite documents at the time of filling the proposal form with the insurer and any other documents that may be requested for by the insurer to complete the proposal and promptly inform the prospective policy holder about the acceptance or rejection of the proposal by the insurer, as the case may be;
- Render the necessary assistance to the policyholders or claimants or beneficiaries in complying with the requirements for settlement of claims by the insurer;
- Advise a policyholder to effect nomination of beneficiaries, naming of assignees where the benefits are assigned, and change of address, as the case may be, and offer the necessary assistance accordingly
- Make reasonable enquiries about a prospective policy holder or a policy holder, as the case may, and submit a proposal to the insurer which shall indicate, as may be applicable—
- Any adverse habits of a prospective policy holder or a policy holder, including inconsistencies in the income of the prospective policy holder or policy holder; and
- Any material fact that may be relevant to the decision of the insurer to accept the proposal;
- Not disclose any information or data of a prospective policy holder or policy holder, as the case may be, which is obtained in the course of conducting the Bancassurance business except as may be authorised under any law;
- As may be requested or as may be necessary, identify himself or herself to prospective policy holders, insured persons and the insurer.
Technical Experience and Capability 5%
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generator in the team.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Team Leader, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programmes and training preferred
Risk, Governance and Regulatory
- “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Lead Generator Bancassurance job must hold a a diploma in any field of study, or its equivalent, recognised under the relevant laws and a certificate of insurance
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good selling / influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Listening skills
- Knowledge & Expertise:
- Education and Experience Require
- Holds a diploma in any field of study, or its equivalent, recognised under the relevant laws
- Hold a certificate of insurance
- Experience of competitor products sales advantage
- Communication and Interaction required:
- Staff in own area (manager, subordinates, colleagues)
- Staff outside own area
- Internal customers (other than staff in own area)
- External Customers
- Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Basic knowledge of the bank’s products and services advantage
- Basic Understanding of insurance Products on the market both life and non-life
- Basic understanding of how the Bank operates advantage
- Knowledge of local Insurance policies and laws
- A Lead Generator needs to match customer needs to product and service offerings provided by the Bank, recognize sales opportunities and carry-out-pro-active selling. They should have the ability to close a sale.
- Problem-solving around queries and complaints is largely prescribed.
- A good understanding of overall Retail goals & objectives, including the outlet’s objectives growth of sales, cost control and income contribution.
- A thorough understanding of the sales process
- A working knowledge of the procedure manuals
- A good working knowledge and understanding of relevant of legislation e.g KYC , Anti-Money laundering, banking code, service standards, health & safety standards etc.
- A thorough knowledge of the bank’s internal departments, systems & procedures as well as risk & rigour requirements.
- Some knowledge of competitor products and services offered to high net-worth customers.
- Should be a person proved to be a with high levels of integrity;
- Role requires pro-active sales generation and the role holder will be required to spend a lot of time in the field making sales pitches to potential customers.
- Competitor product sales experience
How to Apply
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Click Here : https://barclays.taleo.net/careersection/ejb/jobdetail.ftl?job=00260671
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com