Cohen Simon Accounting Ltd. is a new company providing accounting, advisory and tax services to SMEs and NGOs in Uganda, and outsourced bookkeeping services to international clients.
A. Educational & experience qualifications
The Bookkeeper will, at a minimum have:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Level 2 of the ACCA or CPA certification
• A minimum of 2 years’ accounting experience. Preference is given to audit experience
• Excellent computer skills – emphasis on Microsoft Excel, bookkeeping packages (in particular QuickBooks) and keyboarding. Preference will be given to those with experience in audit software - Caseware.
B. Personal characteristics
The candidate will possess:
• Excellent English communication skills - both verbal and written
• Demonstrated experience to work quickly and perform well under pressure
• Qualities that reflect a passionate, hard-working, energetic, punctual individual who exhibits excellence and professionalism at all times
• The ability to pay attention to detail as well as understand the big picture
• A commitment toward continuous improvement and learning
• Willingness to be flexible with work hours to meet client deadlines and interactions with international clients in different time zones
C. Job description
The role of Bookkeeper includes:
• Review and code client documents and enter data into Caseware, Quick Books, Sage 50 and various online bookkeeping software
• Review other bookkeepers’ work for accuracy and completeness
• Assist the accountants with completing the working papers and financial statements
• Work as a team with international accounting firms through email, phone and skype
• Meet time deadlines as set by the Accounts Manager for each client
• Other tasks as may be prescribed
D. Direct report
The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Accounts Manager
4-month probationary salary 800,000 gross.
Kindly exclude any special characters (a comma, a hyphen, etc), on the salary expectations field.
To submit your application attach your cover letter and CV.