1. A degree preferably in accounting/finance/commerce obtained within the last 1 -2 years
2. CPA level 1 or enrolment for the same
3. Work experience, if any, will be an added advantage
- Reconciling petty cash account, obtaining 100% supporting documents for the expenses incurred, and transferring entries to the respective correct General Ledgers (GLs).
- Analysis of expense general ledgers for mispostings and correction of the same
- Analysis of the trend in the expenses, identification of pilferage or cost control opportunities and follow through the implementation/resolution to closure
- Inputting finance related journal entries into the accounting system.
- Reconciling inventory stock account balance in the accounting system with stock system Balance.
- Ensuring proper record keeping by the proper filing of invoices and other documents.
- Maintenance of general ledgers in the accounting system
- Following up users for erroneous postings.
- Proper analysis of overdrawn accounts reversals to their respective income and liability accounts
- Preparing batches for the journal entries posted and attaching supporting documents for validation purposes.
- Relieving and ad-hoc duties in finance department especially in supplier payments.
- Revenue assurance through review of actual charged vs expected
- Preparation of statutory/regulatory returns and ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of Internal and External Audit Schedules may be required from time to time.
- Reconciliation and preparation of prepayments and monthly accruals accounts respectively, booking amortization instructions and analysis of prepayments.
- Preparation of monthly reports such as average balances, Bills discounted & Balance sheet currency wise used in management reports preparation.
- Budget schedules:-Population of actual/forecast/budget numbers.
- Preparation of audit confirmations and validating a certificate of balance to customers.
- Posting of journal entries and GL maintenances, review of management codes & upload of management accounts adjustments in the accounting system.
- Tracking and analysis of payments to international lenders
- Provision of technical advice and accounting support to other Functional Units within the company.
- Support the Supervisor on all matters relating to the operations of the finance department that includes, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations and overall financial discipline
- Preparation of Intercompany settlement every Month.
- Supervision of stock-taking exercise to ensure that all the items of stock are physically counted and reconciled with the accounting records shown on the bin cards and the stock ledger within a specified period with reasons for the variances
- Supervision of Monthly stock taking exercise done by the procurement department
- Update of industry/competitor data.
- Adhoc assignments e.g. surveys/questionnaires/analysis, etc. that may be assigned from time to time.