Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology; or Information Science/System; or Library; or Information Science or Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
Working ExperienceSenior IT Database Administrator
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Research Officer for performing the following duties:-
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadat’)
- Monitoring database performance, tuning, and problem resolution
- Recognizing database structures as needed and initiating vendor support
- Attending to users’ access requirements and resolving their problems;
- Developing and applying procedures relating to database and application security
- Monitoring and running end-of-day operations
- Providing assistance in database design, and standards and recommending optimal design criteria;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.