Deadline of this Job:30th August 2019
Vacancy: Internal Audit and Risk Management Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons Officer of the Research and Education Network for Uganda (RENU). RENU is a not-for-profit organization that encourages ICT-enabled collaboration among Ugandan researchers and the higher education community of linking them to their peers and partners, nationally within Uganda, regionally within Africa and internationally to the global Research and Education (R&E) communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an internal Audit and Risk Management Officer, the person will be responsible for providing independent assurance over RENU options. He/she will work very closely with key organization stakeholders to assess RENU‘s operational risks, review the effectiveness of the control mechanisms, develop action plans to manage and mitigate risk, ultimately providing assurance. He/she is mandated with the overall management and oversight of internal audit in RENU. He/she is also responsible for tor executing audit assignments in accordance with the annual audit plan, and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. He/she is also required to assess and evaluate ﬁnance operations and transactions and provide timely reports on risks and irregularities.
• At least 5 years of experience in risk-based auditing or risk/control activities.
• Practical understanding of the relevant regulatory environment.
• Proficient in computerized accounting packages.
• Practical financial services industry knowledge.
• A Bachelors degree from a recognized university in any of the following areas: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration.
• Postgraduate qualification in a discipline of business risk is an added advantage.
• Relevant professional qualifications (eg. ACCA]. CSA will be an added advantage
• A member in good standing of a recognized professional accountancy body.
Job application procedure
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be accompanied by a complete up-to-date CV, copies of academic documents and contactable references. The cover letter should to addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager.
Research and Education Network for Uganda (RENU).
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2019 at 5 pm Uganda time. Only shortlisted candidates will he communicated to.