Contribute to the development of Internal Audit’ strategy and translation into operational plans. The purpose is to provide direction and leadership to the team inexecuting the Standard Bank Group Internal Audit strategy and plan in the allocated portfolio. Manage all administration and reporting related to risk and executive committees, while providing the executive management team assurance and advisory on effective and cost efficient governance, risk management and control processes within the group.
Contribute to the development of Audit functional and service strategy
- Execute the Group Internal Audit (GIA) and translate it to operational plans for the allocated portfolio
- Develop the allocated area’s service approach and continuously align to industry best practice, GIA
Strategy and relevant Audit Portfolio Business unit strategy.
- Ensure effective execution of the operational plans and realisation of targeted benefits
- Ensure a balance of optimal risk coverage and effortless and efficient service delivery through
partnership and reliance on work performed by management, group risk, external auditors, and
- Contribute towards development of GIA goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and define team
goals and KPIs to support delivery of GIA annual performance goals
- Attend and present GIA reports to Executive and other Management committees, and accountable for
meeting action items allocated to GIA.
Manage relationships for allocated portfolio
- Build and foster a good relationship with business units, enabling functions, risk and compliance
management stakeholders (all relevant levels of management impacted by the service) especially those
working in your allocated audit portfolio – through regular communication and formal status reporting.
- Build and foster a good working relationship with internal audit teams and colleagues (all relevant service
teams and management levels) to promote cross skilling and optimise cross team delivery – through
- Understand the allocated portfolio’s business strategy (including all related enabling functions) to provide
insight and expert knowledge during planning and execution of audits.
- Understand annual key risk concerns for the business area as well as industry and latest trends
impacting risk and control practices
- Understand annual key risk concerns for the business area as well as industry and IT trends impacting
risk and control practices
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement (for accountable process owners) in the control
environment of your allocated audit portfolio and other areas of the group.
- Provide input and keep up with the status and outcomes of all reviews performed in your allocated audit
portfolio and establish common themes for management focus.
- Identify opportunities to provide business with value-add services (using GIA advisory competencies) to
proactively contribute to attainment of business objectives.
Provide the third line assurance services
- Contribute to development of the GIA Annual Audit Plan applying a risk based approach.
- Perform regular risks assessment to maintain the relevance of the annual plan, assessing both internal
and external risk factors.
- Motivate for changes to the committed annual audit plan (change of timing, scope or addition/removal)
that might arise from risk changes, ad-hoc GIA leadership requests and business management requests.
- Deliver on all planned/agreed/allocated audits/advisory/proactive assurance on change the bank
assignments (as per annual plan or added to plan as per management request) in the allocated audit
- Contribute to audit objective setting and risk assessment by providing insight on all
audits/advisory/proactive assurance on change the bank performed in your allocated audit portfolio.
- Direct, guide, monitor progress and ensure consistency of approach and quality of
audit/advisory/proactive assurance assignments where the SPONSOR role is allocated.
- Define scope, approach and detailed plan and allocate resources. Manage and control delivery of the
assignment plan, report and close audit/advisory/proactive assurance assignments where LEAD role is
- Deliver allocated components of the audit/advisory/proactive assurance assignment and report on these
according to the GIA methodology and GIA quality standards.
- Implement and contribute to continuous enhancement of quality control standards and toolkits for audit
- Ensure all assigned / functional working papers, from planning to reporting, have been completed and
reviewed within deadline, as well as correct classification and allocation of findings in the Audit Tool.
- Report key issues or audit findings accurately in a succinct, impactful manner, clearly articulate and
substantiate materiality or significance of the risk and its impact.
- Ensure management actions are appropriate to mitigate the risk, sustainable, and have management committment.
Lead a team of Managers Audit
- Maintain a succession plan for the team by reviewing the skills of the team at least twice a year and
having career conversations with them.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining the appropriate salary with input
from the Human Capital Business Partner.
- Monitor the implementation of the performance process in the team and apply it rigorously to direct
- Participate in departmental goal and performance rating quality review (moderation) processes
and annual performance based REM (Bonus award allocation) moderation process for the department.
- Manage the Performance Management process of reportees from Goal setting, Personal development
planning, continuous performance monitoring and formal evaluation and appraisal of annual performance
- Determine development needs of the team and ensure that development opportunities (training, rotation,
on-the-job learning) are budgeted for and executed.
- Proactively drive own development plans. Facilitate development of junior staff, where applicable.
Coach/mentor individuals or intentionally transfer knowledge to individuals on the job to mature their
professional skills and careers.
- Monitoring staff performance standards for purposes of motivation, discipline, counselling and rewarding
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members. Resolve grievances raised by team
members, escalating only if required.
- Create quarterly leave plans to ensure adequate coverage. Approve leave requests ad leave sale
- Perform HR administration (personnel records: Leave, Training and EPM records);
Contribute to the continuous enhancement of the internal audit framework components
- Contribute to the continuous enhancement of the internal audit framework components (Methodology,
Approach, Templates, and Tools)
- Develop and continuously enhance the service delivery framework components under the custody of the
allocated audit service area.
- Ensure that the knowledge database is kept up to date with key portfolio information.
- Stay abreast with best practices, industry regulations, risks, audit techniques and tools through
research, association with profession bodies, etc.
Provide operational management for the team
- Develop and maintain an accurate resource allocation schedule for audit and non-audit activities to Audit
portfolio team with an annual and monthly view.
- Manage the sourcing and procurement process (including contracting), and timely processing of invoice
receipts associated with turnkey vendors and contractors to capacitate the delivery of the service
provided by the allocated audit portfolio.
- Accountable for the performance and quality management of such vendors for services provided to the
bank Formally track Vendor performance against key performance indicators and provide feedback at
both the quarterly and yearly vendor performance management review meetings.
- Produce a monthly report of Progress/Status against all active assignments (in the portfolio) updating all
- Produce monthly report of Progress/Status against allocated portfolio open audit issues update issue
tracking database and provide MIS to auditees and management committees.
- Contribute to GIA’s periodic reports to the Group’s governance bodies (Audit Committees).
Preferred Qualification And Experience
- Unversity Degree in Business & or related field.
- Professional qualification in CPA, CIA, ACCA or equivalent and profound IT efficiency would be an added advantage.
- 5 to 10 years working experience in Audit, Compliance and Operational risk in the bank.
- Experience in auditing Finance and Credit will be an added advatange.
- Strong report writing
- Strong analytical skills.
- High level of business acumen.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here: https://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_standardbankgroup/external/en-us/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=62406&localeCode=en-us